Quality & Risk Management
The main objectives of the QRM portfolio can be categorized into three main areas of responsibility that have cross organizational implications, and impact both operations and practice:
- Anticipating and perceiving risk.
- Managing actual risk (such as sentinel events, legal claims, and a range of other incidents).
- Focus on continuous quality improvement to meet the needs of resident care, client and family focused care philosophy, meet current and evolving standards of practice, and engage in quality improvement plans.
- Ensure the organization is in compliance with licensing requirements, and implement the corrective actions based on recommendations provided by the licensing officer.
- Lead the accreditation process and ensure organization maintains its accreditation status.
- Responsible for the function and success of various organizational committees.
- Review and update the Integrated Quality Management Framework.
- Work with each department to establish their quality indicators. Monitor, report, and evaluate the organization’s quality indicators and outcome scales.
- Identify and mitigate real and perceived risk elements to the organization.
- Establish and lead quality improvement plans based on industry standards and practice requirements.
- Liaise, consult, and advocate with internal and external stakeholders to implement quality improvement activities and resources.
- Lead the organization in achieving recognition as a centre of excellence.