WELCOME TO THE FAMILY COUNCIL PORTAL
Family Council is an independent and voluntary body composed of family members, caregiver friends, and legal representatives of residents. Our primary focus is to advocate for the delivery of quality resident and family centered care.
Connect with us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Resident Advocacy Sub Committee meets to explore the challenges and help create ideas for improvements.
Connect with us: email@example.com
Thank you to all who attended the June RASC meeting.
We take this opportunity to send you the Minutes (attached) from our June 24th “virtual” meeting.
Thank you to all who attended!!
The Family Council is taking a break in July and August.
SAVE THE DATE for our next meeting, Thursday, September 16th at 7:00PM
At this time, the meeting is set up as a Zoom with potential for both in person and virtual.
If there is enough demand for an in person meeting, Weinberg classroom is tentatively reserved.
Please reply to this email, as soon as possible, if you would prefer to meet in person at Louis Brier for our September meeting.
Topic: Family Council Zoom Meeting
Time: Sep 16, 2021 07:00 PM Vancouver
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 812 3002 2064
Dial by your location
Meeting ID: 812 3002 2064
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/keiv2w196O
* Weinberg Classroom is located at the south end of the underground parking.
The Companion Advisory Committee (CAC) still offers an opportunity for a family member to join the CAC right now!
– If you employ a companion for your loved one, please consider taking part in this committee.
– If you are passionate about the companion program, know the value a companion can bring to the lives of residents and families and have some time
to contribute to its continued success, please reach out to us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The newly formed Resident Advocacy Sub Committee (RASC) meets monthly.
We have our own email address: email@example.com
Please connect with us anytime. We do not take minutes so we can observe privacy and confidentiality, yet at the same time, develop a working list of items for the Family Council Executive to bring to Senior Leadership for discussion.
Advocacy for continuous improvement in the quality of life of the residents is the core of our Family Council.
In order to evolve with our resident family’s changing needs, beginning with the September 16th meeting, we will meet every two months. We encourage all of you to attend our Family Council meetings. Let us know what type of presentation and/or topics you would like to help you work through issues you’ve had to deal with. Many personal stories are shared which often are commonly experienced. With our collective experiences, many well thought out ideas and solutions emerge. In turn, we are able to bring these suggestions to Senior Leadership for their consideration.
There are many dedicated team members working within our Louis Brier Home & Hospital. An easy and effective way to recognize staff who have touched your heart
is to access the “Chai” Honours Recognition Tree Program” attached. Recognize the “Chai” values in staff with your “thank you” to a health care worker who has helped make your loved one’s life better.
Did you know?
– There is now a single place for BC residents to access their health records Your immunization record will be available online in the Health Gateway. Signing up is quick and
easy using your mobile BC services card: https://www.healthgateway.gov.bc.ca/
– VCH has a VCH Long Term Care Community of Practice Group. It is a forum for us to come together to learn, share best practice and showcase innovative projects that care homes are proud of. Email them at: VCH-LTC-Connections@vch.ca
– CanAge CEO appointed to federal working group creating national long-term care standards: Pay particular attention to the CanAge VOICES Roadmap
If you would like to volunteer with Family Council Executive, or if there is anything you would like to raise at our next meeting we welcome your email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will discuss as many items as time permits during our meeting. We have set aside time in the agenda for this purpose.
Lisa Dawson and Joy Lin Salzberg, Co-Chairs
Helen Labonte, Interim Treasurer