SHARE YOUR STORY
At Louis Brier Home & Hospital we are committed to providing care that is resident and family centered. One of the most powerful ways to connect with residents and families is through stories. These stories can be a powerful tool to help teach, guide and inform strategic priorities and influence our every day practices. We would love to hear one of your stories about your experiences at Louis Brier Home & Hospital.
Who can create a Louis Brier health care story?
- Any resident or family member who has resided at Louis Brier Home & Hospital.
How can I share my story?
You can use whatever format suits your creative abilities, such as:
- Video recording
- Audio recording
- Written story
- Slide show presentations
How will my story reach other residents, families and/or healthcare providers?
Your story may be shared by:
- Posting it to our website
- Including it in our monthly Louis Brier Family Newsletter
- Presenting it as part of an educational session
- Including it in other Louis Brier focused opportunities
A few tips on creating your story:
Powerful resident and family stories answer these three questions:
- What happened?
- How did the actions of the healthcare providers affect your experience?
- Why does your story matter to your well-being?
Before you tell your story, ask yourself:
- What do I hope for as a result of telling my story?
- What am I willing to share?
- What does my family not want me to talk about?
- How do I feel about my story being shared via video, word of mouth, or in written form?
- What support do I need to tell my story?
Keep it simple and tell it in your own words.