The Influenza Outbreak in ALL Units of Louis Brier Home and Hospital has been declared OVER by the Medical Health Officer as of 5:35 pm, March 6, 2019.
- The following can now RESUME:
- Admissions and transfers
- Outings and group activities (although residents who are not feeling well are still advised to stay in their rooms) Companions assignments
- External Services (i.e Podiatrist, Dentist, etc).
The respective department leads will send out communication on the resumption of programs and activities.
Since the flu season is not over yet, we need everyone’s assistance to minimize exposures and prevent transmission of the highly communicable viruses.
You can make a difference by doing the following:
- Be meticulous with your hand hygiene. Alcohol-based hand rub is the preferred product for hand hygiene unless hands are visibly soiled and/or you are working with known/suspect C. difficile or Norovirus
- Do not come to work or visit when you are ill.
- Do not share finger foods from common containers (e.g. popcorn, chips, unwrapped candies)
- If you have elected to wear a mask instead of receiving a flu vaccination, you must wear the mask anytime you are in the care facility. Change mask whenever moist. If you touch the mask on your face, immediately do hand hygiene
Thank you very much for your patience, diligence and cooperation in effectively containing the outbreak!